PRE-SEASON HURRICANE SEASON PLANNING
At least 60 days prior to the beginning of hurricane season (June 1st), it is imperative that each and every Association Member prepare a hurricane plan for their entire household - an outline that specifies what every member of the household will do before, during and after a hurricane. General guidelines for preparing your hurricane plan are as follows:
- Obtain a Local Hurricane Guide: Most municipalities in Florida produce hurricane preparedness guides that include evacuation plans, shelter locations, important contact numbers, survival kit recommendations, and more.
- Gather a two-week supply of all items listed in the Owners Hurricane Supply Checklist (Appendix A).
- Make arrangements in advance for where your household will stay during a hurricane - at home, a friend's home, a shelter or a hotel. Make arrangements for a back-up location as well. Make sure everyone knows the location, address and phone number.
- Ask an out-of-town relative or friend to be your emergency contact, and make sure everyone knows that person's phone number. Tell your contact person where you will be during the hurricane.
- Make arrangements for those with special needs.
- Talk to your employer about whether you will have to work in the event of a hurricane. If so, decide who will pick up the children from school.
- Practice and review your plan.
- Determine in advance where you will store your car. Boca Towers Condominium Association, Inc. will not be responsible for any damage done to your car by a hurricane.
- Update Your Contact Information: Unit owners and residents should make sure that the association has their accurate phone number, address and email address.
Palm Beach Hurricane Preparation page
Please Click Here to download and read the hurricane plan from Boca Towers.
click here to download